SDGs stands for Sustainable Development Goals. They are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 for the year 2030.
“This resolution was created for governments, businesses, financial institutions, charities & citizens to come together and support this mission. The price tag to deliver the SDGs 2.5 Trillion per anum.
If the goals are reached, not only we will deliver a global resolution to poverty, inequality & climate change by 2030. We will also unlock one of the greatest economic opportunity of all time.” - Shaping the future of social problem solving | Manjula Lee, CEO at World Wide Generation
The Sustainable Development Goals are:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reducing Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life On Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
UN’s SDG Official Website: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org
Feeling lost? you might want to start reading here Welcome to the ixo forum - START HERE
ELI5 is short for “Explain Like I’m 5”. It was made popular on Reddit, it is a request for a simple explanation to a complicated question or problem.